There is nothing I love more than cooking with my kids in the kitchen, especially when the holidays are right around the corner! This sugar cookie recipe is nearly fail-proof and my kiddos love decorating the different shapes we cut out and bake.
These cookies are the perfect addition to Christmas cookie plates, holiday dinners, gatherings with friends and even ugly Christmas sweater parties!
Check out the video to see our holiday cookie baking and ugly sweater making!
1. Cream together 1 1/2 cups white sugar, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs.
2. Add sour cream.
3. Mix together 5 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Gradually add to the egg-sugar mixture.
5. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
7. Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 10 - 12 minutes.
To make frosting:
1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.
2. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
3. Divide into separate bowls, and add food coloring to each to desired intensity.
4. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.
This post is sponsored by Daisy® Sour Cream.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!