Happy Star Wars Day! Yes, it is May 4, and you know what that means. It means you need to make these super-easy galaxy cake pops. We were inspired by Heather Baird's black nebula cake and wanted to try something a young baking Padawan could pull off.
Check out our handy tutorial below. And yes, we're saying it: May the 4th be with you.
More: 38 Star Wars-inspired recipes you don't need The Force to make
Galaxy pops recipe
Yield: 24 pops
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 jar chocolate frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Candy melts (black, blue, green, purple)
- Edible silver glitter
- White chocolate chips
- Combine the box mix with the eggs, oil and water.
- Bake in a 9 x 9-inch pan at 350 degrees F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, and then crumble.
- Fold the frosting in with the crumbled cake.
- Form into balls.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt some chocolate chips, and dip your pop sticks into it and then into your cake ball. Place back in the freezer for a few minutes to set.
- Melt your different colored candy melts individually, then carefully place all of them in a bowl without mixing them too much.
- Dip and twirl each frozen cake pop, and shake off excess.
- Add stars! If you have sprinkles, great! If you don't, then dip a toothpick in melted white chocolate, and tap onto your pop.
- Using a brush, dust on edible glitter.
More: 20 Star Wars home goods you can't live without