Did you know your rice cooker can do more than steam rice? Turns out the rice cooker is so versatile you can even cook a cheesecake in it. Sounds strange and maybe even a little difficult, but it's actually really easy! Watch this video to see exactly how simple this hack is.
Rice cooker cheesecake recipe
For the crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into a rice cooker pan.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to bowl, and mix.
- Add the cornstarch, whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add to the rice cooker.
- Cook on the "normal" setting.
- Test the consistency with a toothpick. If necessary, put it on another cycle of your rice cooker.
- Let cool. Once cool, put a piece of parchment paper on top of the cheesecake, and flip the pan so the cake goes into your hand. Then place on a plate, and serve.
More dessert recipes
The unicorn cake hack you didn't know you needed
Boozy bananas Foster milkshake turns a classic dessert on its head
Limoncello sorbet that you don't need an ice cream maker to pull off