Hack your way to the unicorn of all cakes with this magical tutorial. All you need are two standard cakes, a little ingenuity and a lot of frosting. But frosting is the best part, isn't it?
How to make a unicorn cake
- 1 (9-inch) round cake
- 1 (9 x 9-inch) square cake
- White frosting — lots of frosting
- Rainbow-colored candies
- Tube of frosting — black and rainbow colors
- Remove the cakes from the pans.
- Level the cakes with a serrated knife.
- Take the round cake, and cut a 2-inch strip. The large piece left over will be the head.
- Trim a 1-inch piece of the circle cake, creating a square edge where you already cut the cake.
- Take the square cake, and cut a 4-inch strip.
- Take the 4-inch piece of cake, and cut it in half to have 2 (4 x 4.5-inch) pieces.
- Trim the corners of 1 side of the 4 x 4.5-inch piece to create the snout.
- Using the edge of the round pan, cut a rounded edge 2/3 of the way down on the 5 x 9-inch piece of cake to create the neck.
- Cut the unicorn horn out of the remaining square cake piece.
- Use frosting to start gluing together the pieces of cake.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Frost again.
More dessert recipes
Slow cooker butterscotch pudding cake makes dessert effortless
Dangerously easy two-ingredient desserts as delicious as they are simple
11 blissful buttercream frosting combinations