Tiramisu pancake recipe
For the pancake batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1/2 cup Greek yogourt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
For the filling
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the assembly and decoration
- 1/2 cup espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder, for dusting
- Whipped cream
- Ladyfingers and amaretti cookies, for decoration
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients, and mix well until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for your pancake batter (flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt), and sift well until all clumps are removed. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs with the milk, espresso and Greek yogourt. Mix well. Add in the vanilla extract and honey. Mix well until the mixture reaches a light and creamy texture.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet or pan over medium heat, and coat with a thin layer of melted butter.
- Spoon the 3 – 4 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, and gently form a round using the spoon. Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles start appearing on the surface. Once the bubbles have appeared and popped, gently flip, and allow to cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Remove the cooked pancakes from the pan, and set aside until all the pancakes are made.
- For the assembly: Pour 1/2 cup of espresso into a large bowl. Gently and quickly dip 1 pancake into the espresso, and transfer to a serving plate. Using a spatula, spread 1 layer of the ricotta-mascarpone mixture on the pancake. Dust with cocoa powder. Repeat and stack until all the pancakes are used and the ricotta-mascarpone mixture is gone.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate chips, ladyfingers, amaretti or other toppings of your choice.