Boozy raspberry-Kahlúa hot chocolate — the most decadent way to warm up
Image: Nancy Foster/SheKnows
Raspberry hot chocolate spiked with Kahlúa makes cold winter nights better
Rich hot chocolate with a hint of raspberry is a dessert in itself. But when you add some Kahlúa to the mix, it's a real treat.
Once the hot chocolate is at a temperature for sipping, the first taste is creamy raspberry.
Then next, the heavenly rich chocolate. It's such a nice treat for a cold winter's eve.
Kahlúa-raspberry hot chocolate recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 ounces Kahlúa coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip topping
- Heat a small pan on medium heat, and add the raspberries, water, sugar and salt.
- Stir as the mixture warms up.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a Mason jar or small bowl. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Heat a medium-size pan on medium heat.
- Add the milk, cocoa and 3/4 of the raspberry simple syrup (reserving 1/4 of the syrup for garnish).
- Stir as the hot chocolate warms up. When all the cocoa powder has dissolved and the cocoa is hot (about 10 minutes), stir in the Kahlúa.
- Serve while hot. Pour into serving glasses, leaving about 1 inch of space from the top of the glass.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the remaining raspberry simple syrup on top of the hot chocolate.
- Top with Cool Whip topping. Drizzle the remaining raspberry simple syrup on top of the Cool Whip.
More hot chocolate recipes
Red velvet hot chocolate
Hot dark chocolate with cinnamon and cognac
Vanilla bean hot chocolate