This time of the year is perfect. I love it — we can get super creative and invite our kids into the kitchen to come up with different and fun creations. One of the things I love the most is all the decorations and ideas you can be inspired by.
Halloween has been always a passion of mine, and I love to spend some time in the kitchen with my girls. We always come up with crazy and delicious ideas — like these cookies we made. They're delicious, and the peanut butter is a favorite of my little one. With some creative decorations we found in our pantry — nothing too fancy — this recipe was made with lots of love.
We wanted to make something with a Halloween theme, and we decided to make spider cookies —fun with simple ingredients and decorated with delicious chocolate chips and licorice.
You can decorate the cookies with anything you want, just have fun making the most out of this amazing moment with your children.
Halloween Spider Cookies
Makes: 36 Cookies
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix for three minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture and mix until all the dough comes together.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place tablespoons of the dough, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You may need to bake the cookies in batches.
- Let cookies cool.
- Decorate with desired elements — we used frosting to glue cut-up licorice legs and chocolate chip eyes onto our spiders.
These cookies are great for sharing and I'm sure they will be your new favorites.