What makes date night better? I'll tell you what — this bacon and crab meat linguine. Tons and tons of bacon and crab, chopped and sautéed, and just waiting to be enjoyed.
I made this big bowl of goodness just this past weekend for the hubs and I, and we ate it in our backyard under the moonlight... Psych!
Well, that really was our plan, but annoying mosquitoes took over our yard so dinner was served inside.
This is sort of like my favorite foods — bacon and crab, twirled in-between noodles. Also? It's a gourmet meal that comes together really, really fast and it is so much cheaper to make it at home. You can even throw something green in here, like peas, and make it all even better.
Or you could just drink it with red wine… or white! (My fave.) Yeah. Let's do that.
Bacon and crab meat linguine recipe
Make this 30-minute restaurant-quality crab linguine right at home for much, much less.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 to 10 ounces linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup canned small peas, well rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package lump crab meat
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepare the linguine according to the directions on the box, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat to a desired crispness.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and seasoning with salt and pepper; continue to cook until onions are translucent and tender.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the prepared linguine.
- Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water; stir it to create a thickened sauce. If sauce is too thick, add more pasta water.
- Stir in the cream and remove the mixture from heat.
- Add peas and crab meat; stir to combine.
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
More easy meals
One-Pot Wonder: Spicy sausage mac and cheese in just 30 minutes
30-Minute meal: Crispy chicken thighs with creamy sun-dried tomato sauce
Easy 30-minute vegetarian meals for when life gets crazy