Chicken salad makes a filling (and tasty) lunch or dinner recipe. Sandwiched between hearty slices of bread or piled high on fresh, crisp salad greens, it’s an excellent gluten-free and low-carb recipe that’s full of protein.
I love to keep homemade chicken salad in my refrigerator for a quick post-workout bite or for a simple and easy lunch for my son. There are endless versions of this dish, but this one gets unexpected tropical flavors from fresh diced mango and lime juice.
Rather than buying chicken and having to cook it, I picked up a fresh rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store, which not only saves tons of time but works perfectly in this dish. This is perfect for making ahead of time and is a great lunchbox idea for anyone in your family.
Tropical mango rotisserie chicken salad recipe
Fresh diced mango and tangy lime juice are combined with diced rotisserie chicken, then served chilled in sandwiches or over salad greens.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the mango chutney, mayonnaise, lime juice and seasonings, and mix well.
- Fold in the diced chicken, mango, onions and cilantro.
- Transfer the chicken salad to an airtight container, and chill it for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, and stir.
- Serve between slices of bread or on top of a green salad.
More chicken salad recipes
Curried chicken salad
Chicken salad 3 ways
Tex-Mex chicken salad