Isn't there just something about eating a hot dog on a stick that makes it taste even better?
And when the hot dog comes stuffed with melted cheese and jalapeño peppers and is wrapped in glorious bacon, it's a downright party with each bite.
These dogs are the perfect make-ahead treat. Just pop them into the oven about 20 minutes before serving.
They're a fun food for kids of all ages to eat and to make. All you need are 4 ingredients plus a wooden stick.
Jalapeño and cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped hot dogs on a stick recipe
Stuffed hot dogs filled with melted cheese and jalapeños are wrapped in bacon and served on a stick. A fun food to make and to eat for kids of all ages.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 jalapeño or serrano chili peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into strips
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 (5 inch) bamboo lollipop sticks (caramel apple sticks)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a lengthwise slit in the hot dog. Remove a thin strip of hot dog from one end to the other lengthwise.
- To the slit, add the cheese and jalapeño.
- Wrap the bacon around the hot dog from the top to the bottom.
- Slightly tuck the top and bottom end pieces of bacon into the closest edge of wrapped bacon.
- Poke the stick into the hot dog, leaving enough room for the stick to be held.
- On a cookie sheet or pizza pan, lay the hot dogs cheese side up, and bake until the bacon is thoroughly cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, and serve.
More hot dog recipes
Chili cheese dog bites
Cheese caramelized onion grilled veggie hot dog
Bacon-wrapped BBQ dogs with slaw