A refreshing summer salad that combines the delicious flavors of lime, mango and grilled shrimp.
This mango and shrimp salad is super simple to prepare and only very few, if any, can resist eating the whole thing.
Zesty and filling, this salad is all about fresh summer ingredients and it is the ideal warm-weather side dish. With grilled shrimp, chunks of mango, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped red onions and a delicious dose of garlic, the recipe comes together in just 25 minutes. The best part is that all the flavors work so well together that there’s just no need for extra salad dressing. The lime juice and cilantro are perfectly enough. Enjoy!
Shrimp and mango salad recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed (you can also use frozen mango chunks, thawed)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups chopped lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to grill pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from pan and toss with lime juice; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cubed mangoes, grape tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice; toss to combine and let stand 20 minutes.
- Layer chopped lettuce leaves on a large serving plate or in a salad bowl; add mango mixture over the lettuce.
- Top with grilled shrimp.
- Squeeze lime juice over the entire salad and serve.
More delicious shrimp recipes