Want a super-healthy but tasty tortilla replacement? What if I told you that by using coconut flour and egg whites you can easily and effortlessly whip a batch of homemade tortillas in minutes? And they're gluten-free too.
With this foolproof recipe, you can give those who can't or don't consume gluten an option for a delicious and tasty way to enjoy all the things tortillas are used with.
These cook up in minutes and are superlight and very fluffy, but they do a perfect job of holding fillers such as taco meat, veggies or fresh fruit. Make them ahead of time, and keep these yummy tortillas stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
Easy gluten-free coconut flour tortillas recipe
Made from coconut flour and egg whites, these airy tortillas are a perfect gluten-free alternative.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- To a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients.
- Blend on high until the mixture is thick and airy.
- Heat a large, nonstick pan over medium heat, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Ladle the amount of batter for the desired tortilla size into the hot pan, and carefully spread the batter out so that it is even.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Use the tortillas immediately with fresh fruit, as vessels for tacos or for anything else you like.
- Store the tortillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More gluten-free recipes
Gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust
Gluten-free jalapeño cheddar cornbread
Gluten-free breakfast cookies