Summer is all about the variety of blooming flowers all around. Make some of your own from a rainbow of Goldfish crackers, some mini Oreo cookies and pretzel sticks. They are cute as is, but you can add them as cupcake toppers to bring your own edible flowers to your next summertime get-together.
My kids love Goldfish crackers, and they seem to come out with new colors and flavors every day. They come in so many colors now — green, blue, red, orange, even pink! Use them as your "petals" for these fun, edible flower snacks.
Mini Oreos are the flower centers, and a pretzel stick (made green with edible spray paint) is the stem. Melted candy wafers or chips are used as the glue to attach everything together.
Add them to cupcakes as really cute toppers, or put them on a plate all on their own. I love them in the rainbow of individual colors, but you could easily mix and match petal colors too.
Goldfish cracker and mini Oreo edible flowers recipe
This recipe is for making the edible flowers, which are cute on their own, or you can use them as toppers for your favorite cupcake recipe.
Total time: 1 hour
- 120 Goldfish crackers in assorted colors
- 20 mini Oreo cookies
- 2 cups black candy melting wafers (you can also use chocolate chips)
- 20 pretzel sticks
- 1 can green edible spray, like Wilton Color Mist
- 2 cups green candy melting wafers
- Melt 1/2 cup of black melting wafers in a ziplock bag. Microwave in 15-second intervals until just melted. Snip off a corner of the bag, and add a layer around the edges of a mini Oreo. Attach the goldfish, tail side, to the Oreo. Let harden for about 10 minutes. Continue for all 20 flowers.
- Spray the pretzel sticks with green Color Mist. Rotate the pretzels, and respray all over. Let dry for 15 minutes.
- Attach the pretzel sticks to the backs of your flower tops using more melted candy wafers. Let the candy harden for 10 minutes.
- Flip over the flowers, and add leaves with melted green candy wafers. Let harden for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy on their own, or add them to cupcakes (you can add leaves after inserting the pretzel stick into the cupcake).
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More fun food crafts
Dive headfirst into these adorable snorkeler cookie treats
Fantastical Fruit Roll-Ups flowers are fun to make and eat
Candy-coated strawberry bikini bites perfect for summer