Lemon, ricotta cheese and blueberries are meant for one another in this delicious dessert.
I guess you could call these three main ingredients soul mates, because they taste so darn good together. These shots are all about the layered look. My favorite part about the layers is that I can dip my spoon into the dessert and get a little bit of everything at once on it. Whenever I serve dessert in shot glasses with pretty layered ingredients in them, I like to watch my dinner guests' eyes pop out when I bring them out of the fridge. They're a big hit because the portions are just right after a meal.
I like to make these ahead of time, but not too far in advance — just about an hour or two so that the graham cracker crumbs don't get soggy.
Give these gems a try, and be sure to make extra for the cook.
Blueberry, lemon curd and ricotta dessert shots recipe
A light and creamy dessert made with tangy lemon curd, ricotta cheese and fresh blueberries and served in shot glasses is quick and easy to make.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 10 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 (11 ounce) package fresh blueberries
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To a medium-size bowl, add the ricotta cheese, vanilla and sugar. Stir together, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat a medium-size skillet on low heat, and add the butter. When the butter melts, add the graham cracker crumbs.
- Stir the crumbs continuously. Continue stirring until the crumbs start to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, and transfer to a plate to cool. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- To a shot glass, add a layer of graham cracker crumbs, then a layer of ricotta and then a layer of lemon curd.
- Top with a layer of blueberries. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with a dollop of the ricotta mixture and lemon curd.
- Serve right away, or let chill in the refrigerator (for not more than 2 hours) until just before serving.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More recipes with lemon curd
Strawberry and lemon curd pancakes
Fruit and lemon curd layered angel food cake
Strawberry lemonade cheesecake cookie sandwiches