Chicken kebabs are one of the favorite Indian starters. There are so many flavors and tastes of chicken kebabs available that sometimes it becomes difficult to choose. In fact you can make your own kebabs in the flavors you like.
This recipe of creamy chicken kebabs uses cream for marinade, which makes them so juicy and tender that it melts in your mouth. Subtly spiced with Indian spice mix, these kebabs are flavorful, fragrant and a feast to the senses. Chicken kebabs may sound fancy but are very easy to pull off. These are an easy and delicious choice for any party. Apart from starters, you can use them for lunch over couscous or make a roll with these.
Creamy Indian chicken kebabs recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 kilogram boneless chicken or chicken breast
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Handful coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and cut it into small cubes.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon stick and black and green cardamom till they start to release aroma.
- Crush these spices in a mortar and pestle or in a blender, whichever is convenient to you.
- If you find it difficult to arrange all these spices, you can simply use 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder. But using fresh spices makes these kebabs stand out.
- Pour cream over chicken; mix the spice powder, paprika powder, salt, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of ghee. Mix everything well.
- Cover the chicken and keep in refrigerator for at least an hour to marinate. Remember, the longer the better.
- Place chicken cubes in a greased baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C or 390 degrees F for 20-35 minutes, or till chicken is golden brown.
- Serve these kebabs hot. Garnish with chopped coriander and squeeze some lemon juice on top.