Nothing says summertime like an icy, cold margarita. While I truly love the traditional margarita infused with lots of lime and tequila, I wanted to switch things up a bit and give my drink some exotic flavors.
Fresh papaya juice and sweet pineapple juice are mixed with tequila and garnished with lime wedges and fresh mint. I prefer my margarita on the rocks, but you can certainly just add ice and blend the ingredients for a frozen version. This is one delicious drink for us adults to enjoy while summer is here.
Tropical papaya-pineapple margarita recipe
Make margaritas tropical and delicious by using papaya juice in this easy but super-refreshing cocktail idea.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 drink glasses
- Course salt, for rimming glasses
- 2 cups fresh papaya juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 large limes, juiced, plus extra limes for garnish
- 8 ounces tequila or rum
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Into the center of a shallow dish, pour about 1/4 cup of salt.
- Lightly dampen the rim of each glass, and dip them into the salt.
- Fill each glass with ice cubes.
- In a blender, combine the papaya juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila and Cointreau. Blend on high, and divide the mixture among the glasses.
- Garnish the drinks with lime wedges and fresh mint, if desired.
- Best served immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More delicious cocktail recipes
20 Gorgeous cocktails you need to make now
How to make the perfect mojito
Low-carb summer drinks