Need some healthy, protein-packed dinner inspiration? This easy yet super-flavorful stir-fry is loaded with good-for-you ingredients, like coconut oil, which adds healthy fats, lean ground chicken for protein and loads of vegetables.
Since we love noodles in our stir-fries, I used a spiralizer (which I purchased online) to make zucchini noodles. The zucchini noodles make the dish fun for kids, keep it gluten free and are a great way to sneak in more veggies.
The fresh mango in this recipe is added at the end because once it hits the heat, it begins to break down and turns rather soggy. If you don't have mango preserves as the recipe calls for, then try using apricot or even orange marmalade.
One-pot fresh mango and chicken-zucchini noodle stir-fry recipe
Zucchini noodles are sautéed in coconut oil along with fresh diced mango, lean ground chicken, asparagus and sweet bell peppers for a super-healthy and delicious dinner. If you can't find ground chicken, you can grind your own or substitute with ground turkey.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
For the stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mango preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning (I used Flavor God Everything)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the stir-fry
- 4 medium-size zucchini
- 2 tablespoons raw, organic coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 small mangoes, diced
- Handful fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce. Mix well, and set aside.
- Slice the ends off the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, spiralize each zucchini into noodles. Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and the ground chicken to the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear. Drain, and transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl.
- To the same pan, add the remaining coconut oil, onions, bell peppers and asparagus. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add in the zucchini noodles, the cooked chicken, the fresh mango and the stir-fry sauce. Cook uncovered for an additional 5 minutes while constantly tossing to ensure all the flavors are incorporated well.
- Remove from the heat, and toss in the fresh cilantro. Divide the stir-fry among dinner plates. Best served warm.
More easy stir-fry recipes
Butternut squash and pepper stir-fry
Stir-fry noodles with shrimp and vegetables
Orange chicken noodle stir-fry