Stuck stateside this summer? Don't fret — this cocktail will bring you visions of the beach and a private cabana. The grilled pineapple brings a bit of added flavor that you'll adore. This cocktail might become your summer favorite.
This drink tastes like something you'd enjoy on a tropical island. Can't get away this summer? Settle in where you are, and blend up these frosty drinks.
The grilled pineapple is a fun twist to these drinks. The simple step of grilling the pineapple helps caramelize them (and by that I mean it adds a bit of extra sweetness and intensity). I used canned pineapple, mainly for the juice, but you could use fresh pineapple too. Top these off with a spray of whipped topping and some toasted coconut, and then sip and enjoy.
Grilled pineapple frozen piña colada cocktail with toasted coconut recipe
These cheerful cocktails are perfect during the summer months. You'll love the frostiness and fruity flavors blended up in these drinks.
Yields 2 (12-ounce) drinks
Prep time: 11 minutes | Cook time: 6-8 minutes | Total time: 17-19 minutes
- 3 ounces light rum
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings, 6 ounces of juice reserved
- 5 pineapple rings, grilled
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Whipped topping, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- On a stovetop grill or outdoor grill over medium heat, lightly grill 5 pineapple rings for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides, until grill marks appear.
- To a blender, add the rum, pineapple juice, coconut milk, 4 pineapple rings and 3 to 4 cups of ice.
- Blend until thick and smooth.
- Divide equally, and pour into glasses. Garnish each glass with a piece of grilled pineapple, a maraschino cherry, whipped topping and a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes.
- Serve immediately.
More cocktail recipes
5-Ingredient (or less) beer cocktails
3 Rosé wine cocktail recipes