Everyone loves takeout for dinner to make life a little bit easier. But what if I told you that you could make a super-healthy and equally delicious Thai-inspired curry dinner in 25 minutes or less?
Using any fresh, precut vegetables you purchase from your grocery store or veggies you've already chopped beforehand saves loads of time and means this dish takes minutes to prepare. For the sauce, I used full-fat coconut milk and lots of curry powder that I simmered together, yielding a lovely, fragrant sauce for the vegetables.
Serve this easy Asian dish over steamed rice or even quinoa. I found precooked rice that you can warm in the microwave in 90 seconds, saving even more time when it comes to the cooking part of this dish.
25-Minute Thai coconut vegetable curry recipe
This fragrant vegetarian curry dish comes together in no time. Vegetables are simmered in a light coconut sauce and served over warm rice.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 3 cups warm cooked rice, for serving (about 1/2 cup per person)
- Heat a large pot over high heat.
- Add the oil and all the vegetables, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until all the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the tomato sauce, coconut milk and curry paste.
- Mix well, and cover the pot. Simmer the curry for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens nicely, stirring once about halfway through the cook time.
- Divide the cooked rice among serving bowls or plates, and spoon the curry on top of the rice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More Thai recipes
Thai chicken and shrimp pad thai
Thai green curry chicken burrito
19 Thai dishes to spice up your life