No matter if you are vegan or can't handle dairy. This cheesecake is one you can actually enjoy without worry.
Vegan ingredients replace the normal butter and cheesecake filling to create a version that is completely dairy-free. But trust me, you won't be able to tell. These days, most products on the market imitate the real thing so much, you can hardly tell that it isn't really dairy.
I love serving these cheesecake slices with lots of fresh blackberries that have been slightly mashed and combined with a bit of agave to bring out the sweetness. Fresh mint adds a pop of color to this lovely plant-based dessert.
Easy vegan cheesecake with blackberry topping recipe
This easy, dairy-free, vegan-friendly cheesecake is just as good as the real thing. Top it with a fresh blackberry topping and dairy-free whipped cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 45 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 3 hours 5 minutes
For the graham cracker crust
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), melted
For the cheesecake filling
- 2 cups vegan cream cheese (such as Tofutti or Daiya brand)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut, almond or soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the blackberry topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons agave
- Vegan whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a small springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a food processor, add the graham crackers and melted vegan butter.
- Pulse until the mixture is very crumbly, and transfer it to the springform pan.
- With your hands, press the mixture down and up the sides of the pan to form a crust.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the vegan cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar, plant-based milk and sea salt. Mix well, until the filling is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour the filling into the pan, and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven, and let chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to a bowl, add the blackberries and agave, and gently mash with a fork.
- When ready to serve, cut the cheesecake into slices, and add to dessert plates.
- Spoon the blackberry mixture on top, and garnish with fresh mint and dairy-free whipped cream.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More vegan desserts
5 Decadent vegan desserts
Vegan chocolate cake with fruit
Vegan almond cookies