This healthy bread skips the heavy sugars and processed oils and uses pure ingredients like bananas, pineapple and toasted coconut.
I love just about anything with fruit, especially pineapple or coconut. Since my family loves when I make homemade breads, I decided to play around and bake up this super-healthy bread recipe perfect for mornings, snacking or even dessert.
Skipping the heavy processed vegetable oils, I used pure raw, organic coconut oil, mashed bananas to sweeten and fresh pineapple juice for a punch of tropical flavor.
Top this bread with a generous amount of shredded coconut before baking, and you will end up with a lovely toasted coconut topping, which adds even more flavor to this easy bread.
Vegan pineapple-coconut loaf recipe
Bake up this fresh loaf of homemade vegan bread laced with fresh, tropical pineapple, coconut and banana flavors.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 45 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 2 hours
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted raw, organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut or other dairy-free-based yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus more for topping
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a bowl, add the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- To a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients, and mix until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Gently fold the wet batter into the dry ingredients, making sure everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan, and sprinkle the top of the bread with additional shredded coconut.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center of the bread is baked completely.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, and let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Once cool, slice and enjoy, or store the bread in an airtight container until ready to eat.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More tropical recipes
Tropical chicken burrito bowls
Tropical teriyaki meatballs
3 Tropical-flavored hummus ideas