Use salami as a bowl to hold whole baked eggs that are sprinkled with red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese and parsley for an on-the-go breakfast.
Sometimes — actually, most — mornings in my house are super busy and chaotic. When the hectic times start, the one thing I space on is breakfast. It's so important to feed your family breakfast, but let's face it — sometimes it's just not a priority when things get distracting.
This simple and easy breakfast idea is perfect for making ahead of time or prepping the night before and then just baking first thing in the morning. Salami is a fun change from the everyday ham and eggs and adds great flavor.
Pack a few of these salami egg cups in airtight containers with some fresh berries and bananas for a great start to the day.
Easy salami egg cups recipe
Genoa salami is placed in a muffin tin, filled with whole organic eggs and baked for a perfect grab-and-go, low-carb breakfast.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 5 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 12 large slices Genoa salami
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 whole organic eggs
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Crushed black pepper and sea salt, for taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 slice of salami into each muffin cup, and press down to form a little bowl. Sprinkle each salami cup with Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully break 1 egg into each salami cup, and place the muffin pan in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set and firm.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then remove the salami cups from the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of the salami cups with crushed red pepper, black pepper and sea salt. Garnish with fresh parsley and red onion, and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More grab and go breakfast ideas
18 Make-ahead breakfast in Mason jars
Homemade freezer egg sandwiches
Make-ahead breakfast pizza