No forks allowed for this salad, because it's wrapped up and ready to go for a quick and easy meal.
The good news is that with every bite, you get to taste all the delicious ingredients, even the candied walnuts. And for good measure, there's even homemade balsamic dressing on the inside.
Candied walnuts are always the hardest thing to get onto your fork when eating a traditional salad. But it's not a problem with this wrap.
My favorite parts are the taste of the sweet raspberry along with the blue cheese as well as the crunch of the candied walnut. It's so good.
Raspberry, candied walnut and spinach wraps with balsamic dressing recipe
A salad in a wrap filled with fresh raspberries, blue cheese, candied walnuts, spinach and a quick, homemade balsamic dressing makes a delicious and healthy meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (for the walnuts)
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 2 large wheat wraps or tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup whole raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (for the balsamic dressing)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a small, nonstick skillet on low heat, and add the brown sugar. Stir.
- Add the walnuts, salt and cinnamon. Continuously stir as the brown sugar cooks and coats the walnuts (about 5 minutes).
- When the walnuts are coated, remove from the pan, and lay the nuts on waxed paper to cool (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In the middle of each wrap, lay the lettuce, spinach, blue cheese and raspberries. Top with the candied walnuts. Whisk the balsamic dressing again, and lightly drizzle it on top of the greens.
- Gently fold in the sides of the wrap, and roll it. Cut in half diagonally, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More wrap recipes
Veggie wraps with avocado-honey dressing
Healthy homemade sloppy Joe wraps
Ratatouille wraps with gooey Brie cheese