Everyone loves cheesy jalapeño poppers, but stuff them inside an egg roll, and they're even better.
Here's the problem with making these egg rolls: They are so good that they go really fast. But no worries — just make extra. These yummies make a great appetizer or even a side dish and will likely be the first thing guests will grab when they see them.
These egg rolls are so good they don't even need a sauce. The cheese and jalapeño on the inside is more than enough flavor to go around.
They're easy to make too and don't require a lot of ingredients.
Cheesy jalapeño popper egg roll recipe
These crispy egg rolls are a fun twist on jalapeño cheese poppers, and they're great as an appetizer or a side dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 5 large jalapeños, seeded, stems removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup queso fresco crumbled cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes salt
- 10 egg roll skins
- 1/2 cup canola oil (amount may vary depending on size of pan)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a small bowl, add the cream cheese, queso fresco, garlic powder and salt. Mix together.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeños. Lay the jalapeños cheese side up on a cookie sheet, and bake until the cheese starts to melt (about 10 to 15 minutes). Remove the jalapeños from the oven.
- Lay a jalapeño cheese side up toward the top side of the egg roll skin.
- Fold the left and the right sides of the skin toward the center and over the jalapeño.
- Then roll into an egg roll. Repeat for the remaining egg rolls.
- Heat a medium-size skillet on medium heat, and add the canola oil.
- Let the oil heat up just a bit, and then carefully add the egg rolls fold sides down to the pan. Depending on the size of the pan, they might need to be cooked in batches.
- When the bottom side of the egg roll turns a golden color, turn it over to another side.
- Once all sides are a golden color, transfer the egg rolls to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
- Serve while warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More egg roll recipes
Crispy garlic ginger lemongrass veggie egg rolls
Cheesesteak egg rolls with Sriracha ketchup
Baked shrimp and veggie egg rolls