No matter if you're a workout buff, a gluten-free eater or just looking for some easy low-carb ideas, this is one recipe that's not only super easy but will also work for many diets.
Here I used albacore tuna and made a mixture of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and lots of black pepper for this easy tuna salad recipe. Rather than use it in a sandwich, I opted to pile this tasty spread onto fresh, juicy tomatoes and slices of creamy avocado. This is super filling and a great source of protein and fiber.
You can easily make the tuna salad ahead of time and then prep your avocado and tomato wedges for lunch the next day. This is, of course, great with gluten-free crackers or even piled on top of a big, green salad.
Gluten-free skinny black pepper tuna salad recipe
Tuna is mixed with a creamy Greek yogurt dressing and served chilled over tomato wedges and fresh avocado slices.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup good-quality albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup plain 0 percent Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley and crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- 4 large plum tomatoes
- 2 large avocados
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and zest and black pepper, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well, and cover. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes and avocados. Divide among serving plates or bowls.
- Remove the tuna salad from the refrigerator, and stir well.
- Divide the salad among each plate of tomatoes and avocados.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Best served immediately.
More healthy, low-carb recipes
Low-carb Greek lemon chicken soup
Low-carb gooey skillet brownie for two