This mac and cheese is lighter than the regular stuff and loaded with all your favorite supreme pizza toppings for one super-tasty dinner that's made in the slow cooker.
Out of my favorite things to eat, I would have to say pizza and macaroni and cheese are in my top five. I don't know what it is exactly about the warm, oozy cheese that gets me whenever I see or hear of these foods. I also try to eat super healthy but realize there are times you need to just enjoy the little things, like a huge bowl of this supreme pizza mac and cheese.
I made several swaps to try to keep things waistline friendly but without sacrificing that warm, cheesy goodness. Fresh red and green bell peppers, sweet onions, nitrate-free pepperoni and black olives made this dish superb and added so much flavor to the already delicious pasta.
What I love most about this dish, aside from the flavors, is the ease with which you can make it. I made this in the slow cooker and set it on low. This is so great for an easy family meal or even for entertaining if you have people over.
Slow cooker skinny supreme pizza mac and cheese recipe
Made in the slow cooker, this skinny mac and cheese is infused with the flavors of pepperoni, veggies, mushrooms and olives in a rich and cheesy sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours | Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (1 pound) box small, shaped pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1-3/4 cups skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces nitrate-free pepperoni, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- To the bowl of the slow cooker, add the uncooked pasta.
- In a bowl, combine the half-and-half, milk, egg whites and cornstarch, and mix well. Pour the mixture on top of the pasta, and mix well.
- Stir in the cheeses, seasonings and vegetables, and mix well.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until the pasta is cooked completely.
- Spoon the pasta into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Best served warm.
More easy slow cooker recipes
Slow cooker General Tso's chicken
Slow cooker chicken Marsala
19 Mexican recipes for your slow cooker