Let's face it: We don't always have time to sit down to breakfast, no matter how hard we try. That's where these breakfast bars come into play. Filled with (gluten-free) oats, tasty apricots and crunchy almonds, these are bars you can easily take on the road with you so you don't miss the most important meal of the day.
No time for breakfast? No problem when you've got a bunch of gluten-free apricot-almond oatmeal breakfast bars ready to go. These are filling, flavorful and filled with great ingredients.
These bars are a cinch to make, and they make a great grab-and-go option. Serve them at snack time too. If you'd like to try something different, add your favorite fruit-and-nut combination. You'll truly love how quickly these bars come together for a great treat.
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free apricot-almond oatmeal breakfast bars recipe
These bars are delicious, and they make the perfect portable breakfast or snack. Try experimenting with cashews, walnuts or pistachios and your favorite dried fruit.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups quick-cook, gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set it aside.
- To a large bowl, add the eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup and peanut butter. Mix well to combine.
- To a separate bowl, add the gluten-free oatmeal, salt and baking soda. Mix to combine. Add the apricots, almonds and sesame seeds. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly, and then cut into bars.
More gluten-free recipes
Banana crepes with caramel sauce
Banana squares with banana-cream frosting