Try some artichoke hearts out for size when making this melted cheese maze of goodness. And don't forget to dip it into more cheese.
That's right. This grilled cheese sandwich comes with its own smoked Gouda dipping sauce, so you get not one, not two, but three hits of cheese with each bite. The inside of this melted madness grilled cheese is filled with — yes, you guessed it — cheese. But there's more.
This grilled cheese also has veggies in it — artichoke hearts and spinach.
Did I mention it has cream cheese in it? It sure does, which adds to the melted madness going on in the middle of this sandwich.
And for an added extra, this sandwich comes with a smoked Gouda cheese dipping sauce.
I especially like how the artichoke hearts make this sandwich a bit more meaty than the average grilled cheese sandwich.
Artichoke heart grilled cheese sandwich with smoked Gouda cheese sauce recipe
A dreamy grilled cheese sandwich that's super charged with cheese and filled with artichoke hearts, spinach and more cheese. And it also comes with a smoked Gouda cheese dipping sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup artichoke hearts from a jar, drained
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- Heat a small saucepan on low heat. Add the Gouda cheese and cream. Stir as it heats to make the cheese sauce. Let cook until the cheese and cream turn into a sauce. While the cheese sauce is cooking, make the grilled cheese sandwiches.
- On top of 2 slices of bread, add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top the cheese with a layer of artichoke hearts. Set aside for a moment.
- To a small bowl, add the cream cheese and spinach. Stir together.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the other 2 pieces of bread. Set aside for a moment.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, and add the butter.
- When the butter melts, add the slices of bread to the pan, plain side down. When the bottom sides turn a golden color, carefully turn the slice of bread with the cream cheese over and onto the top of the slice of bread with the artichoke hearts. Cover the pan with a lid, and turn off the heat.
- Let the grilled cheese sit in the pan for about 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with smoked Gouda cheese dipping sauce.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More grilled cheese recipes
Pizza grilled cheese
Ultimate nacho grilled cheese sandwich
Grilled cheese rolls