Not only are tea sandwiches fun to eat, but they are also fun to create, with a variety of flavors that can be put together. With different kinds served all together on one plate, they are truly a feast for the eyes.
When you are expecting guests over for tea (or even cocktails), impress them with some of these sandwiches, or better yet, make all of them. They are very easy and quick to make, so you can prepare a beautiful spread in no time.
There are a lot of combinations that I love, but these are my top picks to share with you. They never disappoint, and after trying one combo after the other, you won't be able to pick which one is the best, because they just keep getting better and better.
Sun-dried tomato paste, cheese and basil tea sandwich recipe
Sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil make a perfect match in this very simple sandwich. Use whatever kind of mild-tasting cheese you can get.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices whole-wheat or white sandwich bread
- 3 slices mild cheese
- 6 large, fresh basil leaves
- 12 small, fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a mini chopper, combine the sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped and combined well with the oil.
- On a slice of bread, place 1 slice of cheese, spread some sun-dried tomato paste, and then top with 2 basil leaves. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Slice the sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Garnish each triangular sandwich with the small basil leaves, if using.
Feta, roasted peppers and chives tea sandwich recipe
Feta cheese is great with almost everything because of its moderate taste. In this tea sandwich, I paired it with ready-made roasted peppers for their smoky flavor as well as fresh chives. Delicious!
Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup roasted peppers, coarsely chopped
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Toast the bread in a toaster, and then, using a round food cutter, cut 2 circles into every slice of bread.
- Place the feta, roasted peppers and chives on the bread.
Prosciutto crudo, Parmesan cream cheese and arugula tea sandwich recipe
This is an Italianized ham and cheese mini sandwich mixed with arugula, which gives it a more interesting flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 3 slices sandwich bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
- 3 big slices prosciutto crudo or any similar ham
- Toast the bread in a bread toaster.
- While waiting, in a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and grated Parmesan. Set aside.
- Spread some cream cheese on a slice of toasted bread, and place a slice of prosciutto on top.
- Distribute the arugula and Parmesan shavings on top.
- Cover with another slice of toasted bread, and slice it in the middle.
Paprika egg salad, fava beans and arugula tea sandwich recipe
Add some spice to your egg salad with a pinch of paprika. It makes a lot of difference in taste. By combining it with fava beans and arugula, it will surely be a hit with your taste buds.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup fava beans (fresh or precooked)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- Over medium-high heat, boil the eggs until hard-boiled. Shell them, and chop coarsely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, eggs, a pinch of paprika and salt. Set aside.
- If using fresh fava beans, then while boiling the eggs, shell them and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove the outer skins of the beans. If using precooked fava beans, then skip this step. Mix the fava beans with the olive oil.
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- On a slice of toasted bread, put some arugula, egg mayo and fava beans.
- Divide the sandwich into 4 pieces.
Fennel cream cheese and smoked salmon pumpernickel tea sandwich recipe
This is a very simple-looking sandwich, but the flavors of lemon, fennel and salmon can get you biting for more.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh fennel leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-4 slices smoked salmon (quantity depends on size of the slices)
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, fennel, lemon zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on the bread, and place a slice or slices of salmon.
- Slice the bread into bite-size pieces.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More tea sandwich recipes
Strawberry jam cheese wedges and tea sandwiches
Easy tea sandwich recipes for a party
Mother's Day tea party recipes