There is nothing better than waking up to breakfast. No fuss, no muss, just plenty of time to enjoy your coffee and a great meal. You don't have to go out or have someone else do the cooking. These overnight, slow cooker oats are hearty and tasty and so easy to put together the night before.
Oatmeal is a hearty breakfast that pairs well with fresh fruit for a morning treat. It will keep you full and give you a great start to your day. This slow cooker version includes carrots — yes, carrots — as well as coconut milk to give your morning meal fantastic flavor.
Serve this oatmeal with extra milk and a bit of maple syrup on the side. Add shredded coconut flakes over the top, and not only do you have a delicious dish to serve but a pretty one too.
Slow cooker overnight carrot and coconut oats with maple syrup recipe
Slow cookers are super for making meals easy. Break out yours to make your next morning meal something special. This oatmeal easily comes together and effortlessly cooks in your slow cooker.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 6-8 hours | Total time: 6-8 hours 5 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Shredded coconut, as garnish
- Extra milk to serve with the oatmeal if you'd like
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with the nonstick cooking spray. Set the slow cooker to low.
- In a small bowl, toss to combine the oats, carrots, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut milk, water and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add the oats mixture to the slow cooker, and pour the milk mixture on top.
- Cook, covered, on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
More slow cooker recipes
Carrot, parsnip and potato chowder with Parmesan crisps
Peanutty Thai chicken with white rice
White chocolate and blueberry bread pudding