There aren't many meatless sandwiches that leave me feeling completely satisfied, but when you combine sweet spring strawberries with avocado and tart goat cheese, you get one of them.
I could eat this sandwich on repeat for probably the entire month of May and not get sick of it. I'll probably take this back once peaches come in season, but there's really nothing better than a sweet, juicy strawberry. And when you smash that strawberry into a creamy, tart, goat cheese-slathered sandwich and stick some avocado slices in the middle, it's pretty much pure spring heaven in each bite.
Strawberry avocado goat cheese panini
This strawberry-filled panini is the perfect spring-inspired lunch or Meatless Monday meal!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 4 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- Heat a small skillet or griddle over medium heat, and grease with baking spray.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Spread the goat cheese on the non-buttered side of each piece of bread.
- Lay the strawberries on top of the goat cheese on both pieces of bread.
- Place the avocado on top of the strawberries on 1 of the pieces of bread, and then place the other piece on top.
- Carefully place the sandwich into the skillet or griddle, and press down on the top with a spatula while the bottom side cooks.
- Gently flip the sandwich after about 2 minutes (bottom side should be golden brown), and press down again with the spatula. Cook for another 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the panini to a plate, and slice in half.
More panini recipes
Pancetta mac and cheese panini
Chili cheddar panini
Turkey, swiss and seasoned kale panini