You'll love the flavors and aromas that come from this dish that is easy to make. Shrimp and spring vegetables are coated in vibrant curry seasoning to make a meal that will impress, without the fuss.
What’s not to love about a one-pot wonder meal? This recipe for curried shrimp with spring vegetables is fuss-free and delicious. It's bright in color and loaded with seasonal spring veggies.
Sometimes I don't mind spending a bunch of time in the kitchen (which, unfortunately, includes washing pots and pans), but there's also something to be said for keeping your meal-making mess to a minimum. You'll love this dish with its mix of creamy coconut milk and fragrant red curry paste — and only one pan required for cooking.
Curried shrimp with spring vegetables recipe
This dish is lovely and perfect for a special meal or for dinner any night of the week. Toss in your favorite spring veggies for a personal touch. Serve with a side of rice for a complete meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 13 minutes | Total time: 23 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound precooked frozen shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste or hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, as garnish
- To a bowl, add the coconut milk, red curry paste and chili paste or hot sauce, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- To a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan, set them aside, and wipe the skillet clean.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, and add the remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and tomato paste. Cook, stirring to help break down the tomato paste, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, bell pepper, salt and black pepper to the skillet, and toss to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the skillet. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the peas to the skillet.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, and toss to combine. Cook just until the shrimp is heated through, about a minute or so.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with fresh cilantro.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More shrimp recipes
Shrimp scampi bake with lemon-chili panko
Farfalle with creamy blue cheese sauce, shrimp and asparagus
Cheesy shrimp and grits