Oftentimes after grocery shopping, I end up with more lemons on hand than I intended. While I love adding them to smoothies or using them in salads for homemade dressing, I also love using fresh lemons to make this super-easy lemon chicken piccata.
Thin-sliced chicken breast is lightly sautéed in fresh lemon juice, white wine, capers and butter, and is light enough for lunch but hearty enough for dinner too.
The flavors are so bright, but the dish doesn't become heavy or overpowered by the tart fruit flavor. This literally takes 20 minutes or less to prepare and is perfect when paired with a fresh green salad, steamed veggies or even served over rice.
20-Minute fresh lemon chicken piccata recipe
Thin-sliced chicken breast is sautéed with garlic, white wine, fresh lemon and lots of fresh parsley for this easy and simple dinner idea.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Meyer lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon jarred roasted minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Extra lemons, for garnish
- To a mixing bowl, add the flour and chicken. With your hands, gently toss the chicken in the flour to evenly coat both sides.
- Heat a large, nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter to the pan, and when it begins to melt, add the chicken pieces. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Sauté the chicken 2 minutes per side, then add the remaining ingredients except for the parsley. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until the center of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley.
- Best served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More easy chicken recipes
Easy chicken Marsala
Easy curry chicken
20-Minute chicken verde enchiladas