When you're busy with life, sometimes making dinner can get stressful. This easy one-pot chicken and pasta dinner comes together effortlessly and will never disappoint.
In this dish, I simply cooked a box of pasta and added bacon I'd made the day before along with rotisserie chicken I picked up at my local grocery store.
I love using rotisserie chicken in recipes because it always saves me lots of time, plus sometimes I just don't want the hassle of cooking chicken. The baby portobello mushrooms in the dish give a nice, earthy flavor, and the white wine and Parmesan cheese are great flavor boosters. If you can't find shallots, just use half a sweet onion along with the fresh garlic cloves.
Pair your one-pot chicken dinner with a big, green salad or crusty bread.
One-pot white wine bacon mushroom chicken pasta recipe
Bacon, mushrooms and rotisserie chicken along with cooked pasta are tossed in a rich and creamy white wine-Parmesan cheese sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta or other large shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cooked pieces nitrate-free bacon, very finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add the box of pasta, and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, and set aside.
- Return the same pot back to the stove over medium heat, and add the oil, shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
- To the pot, add the chicken, finely chopped bacon and remaining ingredients.
- Stir well, and cover the pot. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the sauce becomes nice and thick.
- Spoon the pasta into serving bowls, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Best served warm.
More one-pot pasta dishes
One-pot chicken enchilada pasta
One-pot spaghetti with meat sauce
One-pot quinoa, pasta and bean soup