These quick-cooking noodles get tossed together with filling chicken and colorful veggies like green beans and tomatoes for a meal you won't soon forget.
This spicy dish is such a delight, and it only takes about 20 minutes to get it on the table. Think about it: Within an hour, you can have dinner made, eaten and, if you're ambitious, the dishes washed.
I added green beans and precooked chicken to a light, tomato-based sauce that includes spicy chili seasonings. You could add broccoli or zucchini to this versatile and tasty dish.
20-Minute rice noodles with chicken in spicy chili sauce recipe
This meal is quick and satisfying. Rice noodles take only a short time to cook (about 5 minutes), and you can mix them with so many types of veggies and seasonings, like in this dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 17 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked rice noodles (pad thai-style)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 pound precooked chicken, cut into strips
- Ground black pepper and fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- To a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes in juice to the skillet, along with the broth. Add the chili garlic sauce, and mix to combine.
- Cook the sauce for 4 to 5 minutes or until the liquid absorbs slightly.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and toss to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Drain the cooked and rinsed noodles, and add them to the skillet over low heat. Mix to combine, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm in individual bowls with ground black pepper as seasoning and fresh parsley or cilantro as garnish.
More easy recipes
20-Minute egg drop soup with chicken
Lighter chicken Alfredo with zucchini ribbon fettuccine
One-Pot Wonder: Panang curry