Pizza is my absolute favorite thing to eat. If it were healthy enough, I swear I could eat it every single day without getting sick of it. But being honest, the reality is that pizza isn't the healthiest thing to eat. Don't worry — there is a healthier option!
Using bell peppers to replace pizza crust and filling them with all the things that taste so good about Hawaiian pizza make these stuffed peppers a win for the whole family. Not only are they low-carb, but they also add more vegetables to dinner (rather than white flour) without sacrificing flavor. Use fresh ingredients in this recipe to make the flavors really stand out and to keep it healthy and natural. These peppers even taste good as leftovers the next day.
Easy Hawaiian pizza-stuffed bell peppers recipe
Fresh bell peppers are filled with pizza sauce, sweet sliced ham, fresh jalapeños, pineapple, lots of mozzarella cheese and herbs, then baked for this healthier approach to the popular pizza flavor. Tip: To make these vegetarian, replace the ham with a veggie-friendly alternative ham product that can be found at most health food stores.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 large green bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced honey ham, diced
- 2 cups freshly grated pepper jack cheddar cheese-type blend
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 fresh jalapeños, sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking dish or baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Place the bell pepper halves in the baking dish, and fill each with the pizza sauce.
- Divide the shredded cheese among the peppers, and then top with ham, pineapple, jalapeños and red onions.
- Bake the peppers uncovered for 23 to 25 minutes or until the peppers have softened and the tops are nicely golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh cilantro. Best when served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More stuffed pepper recipes
Vegetarian Tex-Mex stuffed peppers
Basil hummus-stuffed mini peppers
Cheesy pulled pork-stuffed peppers