In 10 minutes flat, this salad has everything you're looking for when it comes to spring veggies.
Spring is finally here, and when nature wakes up, vegetables begin to flourish. There are more greens, colors and aromas to appreciate. It's my favorite season of the year, and to celebrate the abundance of vegetables and fruits, I put together a very simple salad using fresh zucchini ribbons, asparagus and baby spinach dressed with a subtle, fruity flavor of crushed raspberries with a touch of mint.
The whole plate has a delicateness of spring greens and berries put together. It's a very light salad you can make in 10 minutes or even less.
Spring green veggie salad with crushed raspberry dressing recipe
There is so much freshness in this healthy combination of vegetables that gets tossed with a crushed raspberry dressing.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons almond oil, hazelnut oil, walnut oil, extra-virgin olive oil or any kind of healthy oil for salads
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced on a mandoline into ribbons
- 12 asparagus spears, halved lengthwise
- Baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (or other kinds of seeds)
- 2-4 fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, crush half the raspberries with the back of a fork, and then add the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Adjust the taste, and set aside.
- In a serving bowl, mix together the zucchini, asparagus, spinach, sunflower seeds, mint and remaining raspberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad when ready to serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More healthy vegetable salads
Salads on the go
5 Simple and healthy tomato salads
Asian vegetable salad