Ever have one of those days that ends with little time to make dinner? Thought so. Save the cereal for breakfast, and make yourself egg drop soup with chicken. It's a simple and filling soup.
I hate it when the day ends and I'm left trying to figure out what to eat that doesn't take a long time to make. Sure, I could call for takeout or pour cereal into a bowl and dig in, but 20-minute egg drop soup with chicken is so easy to make.
Not only is this soup delicious, but it's filling thanks to added protein from the chicken and eggs. Use your leftover, cooked chicken to make this meal really convenient. I added peas and carrots to make this the perfect springtime soup. It's definitely worth the 20-minute wait for this flavorful soup for dinner.
20-Minute egg drop soup with chicken recipe
When life leaves you little time for making meals, look to this hearty and flavorful egg drop soup with chicken. You can use a variety of quick-cooking vegetables, like spinach, in this soup to change things up.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Set aside.
- To a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and gradually stir in the cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, 1/3 cup of the carrot and the peas to the mixture. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually drizzle the egg into the mixture, stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with the parsley and reserved carrot.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More soup recipes
Cheesy asparagus chowder with carrot curl garnish
Low-carb Greek lemon chicken soup