Warmer weather brings lots of great things, like picnics, pool parties and delicious grilled foods. For this chicken recipe, I wanted to make something that is not only satisfying but paleo-friendly and with tons of flavor.
I decided to take organic chicken breast and wrap it in a strip of all-natural, nitrate-free bacon, then lightly brush it with raw organic honey and grill it up for a filling treat.
These little honey bacon chicken bites are perfect finger foods for entertaining or for an easy, bite-size, kid-friendly snack or meal. If you don't feel like firing up the grill, then simply follow the directions, and instead of grilling, place the bites on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or until the chicken and bacon are cooked and juices run clear.
Paleo honey bacon-wrapped chicken bites recipe
Organic chicken breast is diced, wrapped in all-natural bacon and given a light coating of honey for sweetness, then grilled to perfection for a paleo and gluten-free dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 4 large organic chicken breasts
- 8 slices all-natural, nitrate-free bacon (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- Fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- On a cutting board, dice each chicken breast into 4 large, bite-size chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half for a total of 16 pieces of bacon.
- Carefully wrap 1 slice of bacon around 1 piece of chicken, and set aside until all the bites are prepared.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill the chicken bites several at a time (but not crowding the grill pan). Cook the bites for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once all the bites are grilled, place them on a serving platter, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve as is or with any type of sauce, if desired, such as hot sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup, honey mustard or aioli.
More delicious grilled recipes
Grilling recipes made easier
Grilling tips for your 4th of July BBQ
Mother’s Day grilling menu