This Thai dish is a delight and easy to make. Panang curry is usually milder than red curry, so no worries for those who don't like it hot. Coconut milk makes this dish creamy and flavorful, and you can add your favorite veggies too.
One-pot meals are one of my favorites to make because, well, they're easy. Not only that, but how can you not get a flavorful meal when everything is simmering all together? This dish isn't too spicy, which is great for those who don't like it too hot, but the flavor is rich and vibrant.
For the veggie portion of this Thai-inspired meal, use your favorites. Good options include mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, asparagus… the list is practically endless. The main portion of this recipe is the "one-pot wonder." I served panang curry with chicken over white rice that I made separately.
One-pot panang curry with chicken recipe
Panang curry with chicken is full of flavor and aromas that will enliven your kitchen. Traditional recipes call for Kaffir lime leaves to be added to the broth. Instead of the leaves, this recipe includes lime zest for a similar flavor, but with an ingredient that is easier to find.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons panang curry paste
- Zest from 1 small lime
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into small pieces
- 1 small green zucchini, cut into rounds, then cut in half
- 1 cup green beans
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 the coconut milk, the panang curry paste and the lime zest. Mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook the mixture for a few minutes until it thickens a little. Add the remaining coconut milk and the vegetable broth, fish sauce, brown sugar, salt and ground black pepper. Mix to combine, and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and green beans, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot over white rice.
More One-Pot Wonder meals
Chicken and barley soup with spinach and pancetta
Lentil and roasted chestnut soup
One-skillet, 3-meat spaghetti