Take a "shot" at making this dessert that looks like it takes way more time to make than it really does.
Let's agree to pinkie swear that you'll keep this a secret and not tell anyone just how easy it is to make these super-tasty dessert shots. I love to use shot glasses for desserts for a couple of reasons: 1) because it helps me eat a smaller portion (sometimes), and 2) because desserts look so pretty through glass, especially when layered.
The good news is that these little beauties can be made ahead of time too. For me, the tricky part when making these ahead of time is finding enough room in the fridge to store them before serving.
There's even a drizzle of chocolate sauce for good measure. Remember, it's our secret.
Baileys and strawberry shortcake dessert shots recipe
Layers of strawberries are soaked in Baileys and made into a delightful shortcake with chocolate and whipped topping, served in a shot glass.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 8 strawberries, stems removed, cut into small pieces
- 2 angel food cake dessert shells, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip topping
- 5 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- To a medium-size bowl, add the Baileys and strawberries. Mix together so all the strawberries are coated with Baileys. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- To each shot glass, add a layer of angel food cake, reserving some for garnish.
- Top with strawberries, reserving some for garnish.
- On top of the strawberries, spoon in the residual Baileys from the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a layer of Cool Whip topping, leaving about 1/8 of an inch of free space at the top of the shot glass. Reserve some of the Cool Whip topping for garnish.
- Add a thin layer of chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with another layer of angel food cake, strawberries and Cool Whip topping.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More fun strawberry shortcake recipes
Strawberry shortcake Rice Krispies Treats
Mini strawberry shortcake pancake kebabs
Gluten-free strawberry shortcakes