There are just way too many desserts and dessert flavors to choose from these days, so mix up all your favorites with this twist on a typical layer cake. Add anything from red velvet to cheesecake for a different type of surprise-inside cake that's sure to be a hit with anyone with a major sweet tooth.
Pack all the tastiest desserts into one super-duper layer cake. Pick your favorites, like chocolate chip cookie, brownie, doughnut, red velvet and cheesecake.
All you need is one layer of each, and you can even use store-bought desserts to save yourself a little time.
Stack them between some layers of vanilla buttercream, and you've got yourself the ultimate layer cake.
What other layers would you add? Pie? Muffin? Croissant? The combinations are endless! And bonus: You make everyone with a sweet tooth happy.
The ultimate layer cake recipe
You can certainly make your layers from scratch, but to save yourself a little time, buy premade layers, like cheesecake, doughnuts and chocolate chip cookie dough.
Yields 1 (6-inch) cake
Prep time: 2 hours | Assembly time: 30 minutes | Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 6-inch box mix red velvet cake layer
- 1 6-inch box mix brownie layer
- 1 6-inch prepared dough chocolate chip cookie layer
- 6 mini chocolate-covered doughnuts
- 1 store-bought 6-inch cheesecake
- 4 cups vanilla buttercream
- Make the brownie, red velvet and chocolate chip cookie layers individually, per the directions on the box/package, but bake each in a 6-inch cake pan.
- Once the layers have cooled, trim them so they are even and the same thickness.
- To make the doughnut layer, first line a 6-inch cake pan with plastic wrap, and then add the doughnuts to the pan, filling in any holes or crevices with more doughnut. Add a thin layer of buttercream on top, and freeze.
- Using the 6-inch pan as a guide, cut out the same size of layer from the cheesecake.
- Start with cookie layer, and spread with buttercream.
- Stack with other layers, and repeat adding buttercream between the layers.
- Frost the cake on the sides and top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving (this will allow for easier slicing).
- Slice, and watch for all the smiles!
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More can't-miss cakes
Pumpecapple piecake: The dessert of your Thanksgiving dreams
This 6-layer cereal cake is a flavor extravaganza
5 Creepy Fifty Shades of Grey cakes NO ONE wants