Chocolate lovers, this dessert is for you. Made for two to greedily consume in great spoonfuls, this decadent molten chocolate pudding has a surprise raspberry filling — perfect to serve on the most romantic night of the year.
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and if you’re entertaining your loved one at home then you’re going to need a decadent dessert to serve before you turn in for the night.
This delicious chocolate raspberry pudding is perfect for two hungry lovers — the chocolate will get you in the mood and the raspberry provides a sweet, fresh hit that cuts through the rich, chocolatey goodness. Better still, there are no pesky leftovers to ruin your diet the following day and it all comes together in under 30 minutes.
Chocolate pudding just for two sounds good? Why not try our cupcakes for two recipe? >>
Decadent chocolate raspberry pudding
- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 40 grams of caster sugar
- 30 grams of milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Butter, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and set the bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl and don’t let the water get too hot or you’ll end up with a burnt, dry mess. Stir the chocolate in the glass bowl until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- Rub two 200-millilitre ramekins with butter then dust lightly with half a teaspoon of caster sugar. Divide the raspberries and the milk chocolate and put into the bottom of each of the ramekins.
- Whisk the rest of the sugar with the egg yolks until it is pale and creamy. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form thick peaks.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the egg yolk mixture then gently fold in the egg whites. Spoon the mixture into the two ramekins and bake for 15 minutes. The puddings will puff up but still be molten in the middle.
- Serve with cream or ice cream and fresh raspberries for a decadent end to dinner.
More Valentine's Day recipes
3-Course first date cook-up
Valentine's Day breakfast date recipes
3-Course meal from an expert chef