If there are two food groups that epitomize comfort, I'd have to say they'd be pasta and any type of casserole. There's nothing better than a big baking dish full of food that you can throw on the table and have a complete meal from.
This casserole combines pasta, cheese and red peppers for the perfect weeknight dinner, since it's prepped in just 15 minutes. You could easily add any kind of meat to it too if you wanted to bulk things up even more. Shredded chicken or sausage would work great in this.
Angel hair pasta and red pepper casserole recipe
A simple, comforting pasta casserole you can prep in 15 minutes. If you have leftover pasta, feel free to use that, and it will be even quicker.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 small red peppers, thinly sliced
- Grated Parmesan for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta, and cook until al dente, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, herbs, olives and basil.
- Add the drained pasta, salt and pepper to taste, and toss until well combined.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to an 8 x 8-inch or similar-size baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the mozzarella on top, then layer the pepper slices on top of that. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Place the casserole in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, and garnish with grated Parmesan. Serve hot.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More casserole recipes
Kale and wild rice casserole
Tuscan eggplant casserole
Quinoa caprese dinner casserole