If you have ever enjoyed a tall glass of cold chocolate milk, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
I'm Kelly from Smart School House and I'm thrilled to bring you this super-sweet treat today. It is kid-tested and chocolate-lover approved. Chocolate milk pancakes are for kids and adults alike. Need more convincing? Check out the ooey-gooey goodness below.
Are you an experienced pancake maker? There is one in every house! The recipe is quite simple, but it has a special twist (and a couple of extra ingredients).
- 1-1/4 cup of TruMoo Chocolate Milk (it's dreamy... can be TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plain white sugar
- 1 package of vanilla flavored melting chocolate
- Marshmallows and shaved chocolate (to garnish)
- Additional butter and syrup (optional)
- Non-stick spray
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
Directions for the pancakes:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg and the TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg and chocolate marshmallow milk until it is frothy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and oil.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients (don't over-mix!)
- Warm up your favorite pancake-making griddle on medium heat with a little non-stick spray.
- Pour small amounts of the pancake mixture onto the griddle over medium heat.
- Flip the pancakes when they show small bubbles in the middle.
Directions for the chocolate syrup:
- Melt the vanilla flavored melting chocolate according to the package (super easy in the microwave).
- Place your container of melted chocolate in a bowl with hot water at the bottom. The hot water keeps the melted chocolate melted for easier serving.
Stack up your chocolate milk marshmallow pancakes, drizzle some chocolate over them and add marshmallows and shaved chocolate on top. (Additional butter and/or traditional syrup is optional.) Serve a big glass of TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk on the side for an added treat. And for those chilly winter mornings, pop TruMoo in the microwave for 30 seconds and serve it hot!
These decadent pancakes are perfect for a special morning. Whether a birthday breakfast or a sleepover, they will be a hit.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between TruMoo and SheKnows.