Simple salmon recipes
Enjoy tasty and easy salmon
From SheKnows UK
Salmon is a great, healthy and easy-to-cook fish and is in season now. Here are three mouth-watering salmon recipes to give you some inspiration for a delicious meal.
Simple salmon salad
Serving size 4
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets
- 30 grams butter
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Large bag mixed salad
- 4 lemon wedges
- Stir together the garlic powder, basil and salt in a small bowl then rub in equal amounts onto the salmon fillets.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the salmon until browned – about five minutes per side.
- Place some salad on each plate and drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
- Place a salmon fillet on top of the salad and a lemon wedge on top of the salmon.
- Serve with brown bread.
Serving size 2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 4–5 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 sheet egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- Extra lime juice
- For the teriyaki sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Add the zest and juice of the lime and pour in the soy sauce.
- Add the maple syrup and cook for one minute or until reduced and sticky.
- Meanwhile, pan-fry the two pieces of salmon for two minutes each side on a hot griddle. When the sauce is reduced add the salmon to the teriyaki sauce frying pan.
- Cook and drain the noodles, adding the sesame oil, seasoning and coriander and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of noodles with more chopped coriander.
Smoked salmon risotto
Serving size 2
- 1 onion finely, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 350 grams risotto rice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1½ litres boiling vegetable stock
- 170 grams smoked salmon, chopped
- 85 grams mascarpone
- 3 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 grated lemon zest (and squeeze of juice)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 handful rocket
- Fry the onion in the oil for five minutes.
- Add the rice and garlic, then cook for two minutes, stirring continuously. Pour in a third of the stock and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed, then add half the rest of the stock and carry on cooking, stirring a bit more frequently, until that has been absorbed.
- Pour in the last of the stock, stir, then simmer until cooked and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add 3/4 of the chopped salmon and all the mascarpone, parsley and lemon zest.
- Grind in some black pepper, but no salt.
- Taste and add a little lemon juice.
- Serve topped with the rest of the salmon and some rocket.
More salmon recipes
Walnut crusted salmon
Grilled bourbon-soy salmon
Smoked salmon with thyme mayonnaise