If you didn't know better, you might mistake this meal for a restaurant favorite. Break out the slow cooker, and get ready for an easy, flavorful meal you'll look to again and again.
Thai flavors like lime, spicy chili, garlic, ginger and peanuts are all tossed around in this creamy, saucy combo and served over fluffy white rice. This Slow Cooker Sunday recipe for peanutty Thai chicken with white rice is colorful and ridiculously easy to make.
This could be one of my favorite recipes. If you didn't know better, you might mistake it for your favorite Thai restaurant takeout. It's that good.
Slow cooker peanutty Thai chicken with white rice recipe
The flavors in this dish blend together perfectly for a slightly sweet, slightly spicy meal. You'll love how easy this is to prepare, and the final results will definitely impress.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 3-1/2 to 9 hours | Total time: 3-1/2 hours 5 minutes to 9 hours 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1 large carrot, ends trimmed, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon diced green chilies
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Carrot spirals, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- To the bottom of the slow cooker, add the chicken, and then add the bell pepper, carrot, onion, garlic and green chilies over the top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic chili sauce and ginger until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Add the 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3-1/2 hours or on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve hot over the white rice and garnished with the chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More slow cooker recipes
Carrot, parsnip and potato chowder with Parmesan crisps
Chinese-style mu shu chicken
Barbecue pulled pork sliders