When it comes to sausage, the spicier, the better, which is why chorizo is a household favorite over here. It cooks up super quick and is perfect for a 20-minute dinner skillet.
With a protein and vegetable on hand, you can pretty much turn almost anything into a quick skillet dinner, and a back pocketful of quick and easy recipes is never a bad thing to have.
Spicy chorizo is paired up with butter beans and some kale for greenery in this skillet. It's a complete meal from start to finish in 20 minutes. Don't let the short ingredient list fool you — this meal is packed with flavor!
Quick chorizo and butter bean sauté recipe
Quick and easy, this chorizo and butter bean sauté is the perfect solution to needing dinner fast.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the olive oil and chorizo (remove from casing) to the pan, and break up the chorizo with a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Cook until the chorizo is browned.
- Add the onions to the skillet, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the kale to the skillet, toss, and cook for 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Finally, add the beans to the skillet, and toss until just warmed.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More quick dinner recipes
Beef orzo skillet
Easy Asian turkey skillet
One-skillet cilantro lime chicken