Having a party for the big game this weekend? Make an activity station to keep the kids occupied. All you really need are candies and cereals in the teams' colors, and if you can't find team colors, then just use whatever candies you happen to have around. Root for your team while wearing some fun jewelry, or just let everyone use their creativity to make their own unique candy bracelets.
Set up a table with a variety of candies, cereals and marshmallows you have around, or pick up some candy in the teams' colors.
Candies and cereal with premade holes are the easiest to use (think Life Savers or Froot Loops), but you can always make your own holes too.
Then string up your bracelets any way you like. We made them in blue, green and white for the Seattle Seahawks and in blue, red and white for the New England Patriots. You can mix and match colors and candy using your own imagination. Pinks, reds and purples are so pretty for Valentine's Day too!
My kids seem to be favoring a certain team as victor of the big game. Who will you be rooting for?
How to make candy bracelets
Candies and cereals with holes make this a superfast activity and a little easier for smaller hands. You can always put a hole ahead of time in candies that are soft enough to push a needle (or another, similar pointy object) through the center.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Assembly time: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- Assorted candies and cereals. Here we used gummy and mint Life Savers, Rainbow Twizzlers (cut into small sections), mini Starbursts, mini Peppermint Patties, Mike and Ikes, Froot Loops, vanilla wafer cookies (cut into squares) and apple-flavored gum pieces.
- Marshmallows in assorted colors
- Kitchen string or dental floss
- Thick needle (for making holes in any candy without a hole)
- Assemble your candy. For any candies without holes, use the needle to make holes in the centers (large enough to thread the string through them).
- Cut a piece of string or floss long enough to wrap around your wrist. Leave enough string so it's easy to tie the bracelet when filled with candy.
- Add candy to the string, alternating colors and shapes to make fun designs.
- Once you have added enough candy to finish your bracelet, tie the ends together with a double knot.
- Make up a bunch in your team's colors, or just use your creativity and have fun!
See all our Super Bowl-related articles
More game day eats
Bacon-wrapped Buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers are a game day treat
Make a super-cool Super Bowl stadium appetizer platter
Super Bowl empanadas are perfect for a crowd