Slow cooker soups are my go-to winter dinner recipes. They are so easy to make and are ready to eat by the time I get home from work. This soup combines creamy cauliflower and lots of roasted red bell peppers.
We kept this soup vegetarian friendly, but feel free to switch it up by using chicken stock instead of vegetable stock or even topping the soup with grated Parmesan cheese.
Slow cooker cauliflower and roasted red pepper bisque recipe
This super-creamy soup is made with roasted red peppers, cauliflower and white beans. It's packed full of nutrition and perfect for chilly winter nights.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, florets cut off
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- To a large slow cooker, add all the ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours, until the vegetables are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Taste, and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More soup recipes
Couscous vegetable soup
Black bean nacho soup
Shiitake brown rice noodle soup